Static Hot Metal Detector with Fibre Optics
- High Sensitivity: above 300°C
- High operating temperature of optic
- Metallic sheath to protect the fibre
- Different fibre lengths / optics
Presentation and operating principle
The Stato-Sonde Z56 is a Hot Metal Detector for material at temperatures over 300 °C.
Thanks to its optical fibre, it is able to detect products even in areas with high ambient temperature or in difficult areas due to physical obstructions, limited space, steam etc... Its rugged design enables the Stato-Sonde Z56 to withstand the very severe environmental conditions of the steel industry or rolling mills or continuous casting machine.
The infrared radiation emitted by the hot product is collected by the optic, transmitted through the optical fibre and send to the photosensitive element. The signal is processed by the electronic circuit which outputs the detection signal.
The Stato-Sonde Z56 is composed of three major elements:
- 3 different detection angles: 4° or 12° or Spot 10 mm at 0.5 m (very small precise detection point).
- standard optic type N or optic with water cooling type C or optic with water cooling and air purging and additional
- hood/glass type CA.
- an external diaphragm is available for applications with very hot product and background
- Fibre optic bundle with flexible stainless steel protection, length from 2 to 25 m
- Available with additional protective sheath. Air can be supplied at the electronic unit. The air flow through the sheath and optics keeps the optical fibre and lens assembly at lower temperature.
- Sensitivity adjustment potentiometer
- Multicolour LED indicator: Product Presence, low detection margin, alarm
- Test function
- Battery powered radiant Bar BR4000
- Stainless steel Heat Shield
‹ Back to list