Static Hot Metal Detector
- Detection from 400 °C
- Viewing angle : 15° vertical, 4° horizontal
- Designed for harsh environment
The Stato-Sonde Z3 is a hot metal detector used for the detection of product with temperature over 400 °C / 750 °F.
¨It has been designed to operate in industries such as steel mills and foundries.
¨Presented in a resistant case, it is designed for use in the severe conditions of the steel industry. It includes a protective hood with air purging and an optional cooling jacket.
The infrared radiation of the hot stock is focused by a lens and then collected by a photo-electric cell. When the energy level is over the adjusted level the output of the Stato-Sonde Z3 detector is switched on.
- Optical field : 15° vertical and 4° horizontal adjustable with a shutter at the front side of the protective hood.¨
- High current static output, relay output or opto solid state relay.¨
- External sensitivity adjustment (located under the cover at the back side of the apparatus).¨
- TEST function to simulate hot product, from the control room (built in lamp for simulation).¨
- Multicolour LED indicator.¨
- Optional connector and silicone cable with protective steel braid (Z3 - C - ).¨
- Frontal hood that can be hinged down to easily clean the sensor lens. This protective hood is equipped with an inlet for compressed air, to keep out dust.¨
- A cooling plate is available, with a water flow rate of 2 I/mn, for use when ambient temperature is over¨
¨ 75 °C / 170 °F.
- Modular construction, allowing rapid maintenance.¨
‹ Back to list