Back to list ›
Slab Continuous Caster
- Width measurement
- Length measurement
In order to deliver the right products to the hot rolling mills, it is important to measure the dimensions of slabs produced in the continuous caster. DELTA has designed special laser sensors able to make non-contact measurement with high accuracy on hot products, and to withstand the difficult environment of the continuous caster. Typical applications of DELTA sensors include the detection of the product at different locations such as before marking machine or deburring machine.
- Cut to length with scanning HMD Rota-Sonde DC and heavy duty Pulse Generator GDC.
- Slab width measurement with Laser Triangulation sensors Trilas TL.
- Dummy bar detection with Laser Barriers V5 or Optical Barrier VE/VR.
‹ Back to list
- Slab dimensions measurements (width length – thickness) on the run-out table just before the marking machine with laser triangulation sensors Trilas TL, time of flight Laser Sensor Dilas FT and Laser Barrier V5.
- Control of the slab pile level with high power Optical Barrier VE/VR.